Friday, March 6, 2009

Florence

This picture is my absolute favorite of my grandmothers. It was August 16, 1964 at the wedding of my parents. The fun thing is that both of my grandmothers were named Florence and their birthdays both in March.

Today is my grandma's birthday (the one on the left) and her typewriter is what I use for my cards. She loved getting mail and we have recently gone through her 'saved' letters and there were so many that she kept from every special event in her life. I think she knew her mailman's name and life story and loved to be remembered via mail.

I miss her every day and hope that she knows we would be writing letters to her still.

Remember your grandmother today or anyone else that has been an important force in your life.

1 comment:

michelle said...

This is such a sweet post. :)