Monday, February 23, 2009

Custom Orders

With the major card holidays in the past, now is the time to focus on special orders and they just seem to find me this early 2009! Baby Alexander's birth announcements, baby shower invitations, special note cards for Savannah, and baskets for school auctions! I love these types of orders and the opportunity for others to see my work!

With the amazing types of paper out there it makes it so much easier for me to be creative! There is oodles of scrapbook paper at SCRAP (www.scrapaction.org) and have also acquired some fabric and wallpaper samples that I hope to incorporate into cards soon!

I also finally got my sewing lesson (thank you DANA!) and have put together some oil cloth portfolios to put notes in as a hostess or birthday gift for a girlfriend!

On a different note, my tiles and leather journals were a hit at a benefit I recently did for Volunteers in Medicine in Eugene. http://www.vim-clinic.org/default.htm They are an amazing clinic that provides health care for the under or uninsured and really provides amazing care and service for a growing population. The event was hosted by Salon Delange and instead of paying to enter, attendees were encouraged to bring a purse, artwork, or jewelry so Volunteers In Medicine could use for their April fundraising auction. It was a great night with eyebrow waxing, paraffin dips, and massages for the guests. I sold a good amount for the 2 hours that the event occurred and felt GREAT about supporting VIM.

Hope that during this time of uncertainty in the world, a handwritten card makes it to your mailbox.

No comments: